Northbrook Farm Wedding Venue near Orillia, Ontario
When you roll down the long, tree-lined lane way at Northbrook Farm you’re instantly transported into an eden of gardens, swirling vines and tall, mature trees. Naturally beautiful landscapes inherent with farms, Northbrook offers a relaxing atmosphere for outdoor cocktails, lawn games and plenty of points of interest for you and your guests. Not the least of which is the century home centerpiece that was built back in 1852.
When it comes to creative photos with my couples, I tend to play it simple with Northbrook and let the property speak for itself. Imagine a slow stroll down their country lane way or your bridal party dragging a cooler out into large open fields. I’ve had some of my favourite shoots at this amazing outdoor wedding venue.
There isn’t a physical barn on site however Northbrook Farm is a 10 acre farm full of natural beauty located in Severn just outside of Orillia, Ontario. It boasts strikingly beautiful gardens, trees and the famous pond making this a rustic fairy tale farm wedding venue. Their large permanent frame tent is 40′ x 75′ and is super bright while accommodating up to 160 people. The tent is lit with chandeliers and fairy light drapery. Standard amenities include portable washrooms under one roof as well as a catering tent complete with commercial fridge and prep tables. There’s also a beautiful bridal suite inside the home if you wish to get ready on site (I highly recommend for brides).
Top 5 reasons I love weddings at Northbrook Farm
- The beauty of the gardens, the pond, the historic home, the forest and the elegant bright white tent
- Wedding day ease – they have most of the key items you’ll need already on site
- Historic property
- Endless decor options and configurations – check out my decor ideas board
- Laurie & Chris, two of the nicest people you’ll meet
Northbrook Farm Package Details
The key point to note right from the start is that you have full access to the grounds (excluding the house) beginning at 9am Friday before your wedding + Saturday to 12 am + Sunday to 11am. This means you and your crew have plenty of time to set up before the wedding as well as take things down the day after. One tip, why not make a fun event of the prep-work on Friday and treat your set-up team to a BBQ right there at Northbrook? Who doesn’t love a good BBQ after an afternoon of work?
Laurie is master of her domain, she’s like a Garden Whisperer! The gardens and grounds at Northbrook are incredible – they’re home to different types of hostas, perennials, towering maples, ash and walnut trees. As a photographer, I can stand and look in any direction and there are endless photo opportunities.
- 160 white plastic folding chairs + setup for the ceremony
- 1 microphone and 1 amp for a PA system
- Northbrook staff to help with guest parking
- Six flushing toilets with wash stations
- Variety of rustic decor already on site available for rent
- Optional upgrade to bridal suite inside the century home on site
- The Pond – this is the most popular ceremony location with the natural tree canopy above and koi pond and waterfall as a visual anchor point for you and your guests.
- The House – the classic century home offers a unique, throwback vibe where your guests gather around behind you
- The Garden – a newer ceremony option where you are married in front of the vine coverd arbor while your guests are seated on the lawn surrounded by beautiful, natural gardens.
- The Laneway – Towering maple trees line the laneway as you enter and this can create an amazing visual for you and your guests.
- 40’ by 75’ frame tent which means no poles inside with clear site lines to the property. It’s also built on a concrete floor.
- Caterer’s tent beside main tent with commercial fridges and their own tables for prep
- 24 harvest tables
- 160 hardwood folding chairs
- 1 barn board bar
- 1 podium
- Utility building next to the tent with fridge & freezer
- water and electricity
- Campfire. Northbrook staff will tend the fire
As you can tell, Laurie and Chris have thought of everything. They provide all the necessities while leaving room for you to sprinkle in your own ideas and traditions with decor, vendors etc.
Planning a wedding at Northbrook? Reach out and see if I have your date available!