Song ideas for walking down the aisle on your destination wedding day
I love music of all kinds and through the many weddings I’ve attended I’ve heard many variations from fast to slow to classic to “left-field”. The walk down the aisle is a personal and emotional journey for both Bride and Groom and the song choice has to be just right for the two of them. It also has to set the scene and support the anticipation for the Bride’s first appearance. So I’ve put together a list of not necessarily the most popular but rather my favourite choices to date…
- Somewhere over the Rainbow – Israel “IZ” Kamakawiwoʻole
- Don’t Stop Believing – Vitamin String Quartet
- Marry Me – Martina McBride and Train
- Stuck On You Acoustic – Meiko
- First Day of My Life – Bright Eyes
- Reign of Love – Coldplay
- Marry You – Bruno Mars
- Signed, Sealed, Delivered, I’m Yours – Stevie Wonder
- When You Love Somebody – The Fruit Bats
- Here Comes The Sun – The Beatles
A bonus song for Canadian Brides! At one of my recent destination wedding trips I watched a fellow Canadian” walk down a sandy beach aisle in the Dominican Republic to Canadian Girls by Dean Brody – It was a great out-of-the-box choice I thought!
Best wishes on your big day and regardless of the song, the venue etc… soak up the moment and remember the day is really about your, your partner and the important people in your life!
I’d love to hear suggestions, share your favourites below!