Which is better for your Majestic Colonial wedding, the Wet Bar or the Parrot Bar?
For many couples planning a destination wedding at the Majestic Colonial Punta Cana, one of the first questions I hear is Wet Bar vs Parrot Bar for their reception? This quick list is meant to help guide couples as they begin to plan their kickass Majestic wedding reception.
Wet Bar Wedding Reception
- The Wet Bar is much larger in terms of physical space available (at no additional cost). For large groups of 40 or more I would recommend the Wet Bar
- The Bar itself has a large over-hanging roof which provides quite a bit of cover if there happens to be a little rain
- It’s a little closer to the Steakhouse Rodeo Grill where many couples decide to have their semi-private dinner
- It’s in a more open area so it’s a little less private however resort guests are generally respectful and keep their distance
- Closer to the beach for a night time beach visit
Parrot Bar Wedding Reception
- Parrot Bar holds up to approx. 40-50 guests as a max-max-maximum. While it’s slightly more suitable for smaller groups, your Majestic Wedding Coordinator is able to arrange the tables efficiently in order to maximize the space should you have a larger group
- It’s surrounded by vegetation so it’s a little more private
- For smaller groups, there’s a greater feeling of intimacy based on its size
- It’s centrally located, closer to the main lobby, garden wedding gazebo for some cool night time wedding photos.
Bonus: Majestic Elegance Wet Bar Reception
Sometimes Majestic Resorts staff will schedule your reception on the Majestic Elegance side at their own version of the Wet Bar – this isn’t a normal option, it’s reserved for events like overbooking etc. It’s a very nice hybrid between the Colonial Parrot and Wet Bars. It has more space than the Parrot while maintaining much more privacy than the Colonial Wet Bar. If it’s an option, I would highly recommend it. The only drawback is that it is a little further from your rooms if you are on the standard Majestic Colonial side of the resort. If you’re on the Club side, it’s quite close.
Both options are fabulous and you won’t be sorry, what makes your reception special are the people attending. The Majestic staff understand this and they go out of their way to help make your day a special one. Regardless of which one you choose, you’ll love it!
I love shooting at the Majestic, for more details about weddings at the resort check out my PINTEREST Board…